Welcome to the website of M.C. van der Berg Incorporated.
On 1 September 1999 M.C. (Tiaan) van der Berg opened a small one man legal practice in Sunnyside, Pretoria in the boardroom of his colleague and friend Werner Prinsloo’s office.
On the same date Tiaan started a career of six years at the University of Pretoria (Tuks) as Senior Lecturer teaching amongst other legal subjects, Deeds and Notarial Practice, Civil Procedure as well as Alternative Dispute Resolution. This strong academic background in Property Law together with skills in both Civil Procedural Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution gave Tiaan the necessary legal knowledge to build M.C. van der Berg Incorporated into one of the most respected conveyancing practices in Pretoria.
During 2004, now co-director Sonja du Toit joined the firm as a Professional Assistant. Sonja, who passed both her degrees Cum Laude and with top honors, brought a lot of additional intellectual capacity to the firm.
From the outset it was envisaged that not only will M.C. van der Berg Incorporated be value driven but also that it will be unique in every sense of the word. We are proud to say that today after 13 years we still abide by these principals.
As a core value we embrace the principal that “all people matter”, or like the German philosopher Immanuel Kant said ”Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end.”
This includes our clients, our service providers, our personnel and their families. We therefore endeavor to fulfill our client’s most intense professional requirement to wit personal attention and acknowledgement.
Proper and regular feedback contextualised information, timeous and anticipated requests, accessibility, and professional drive powered by up to date knowledge as well as buckets full of grace (and the acknowledgement thereof) is the cornerstone of our success.
We invite you to afford us the opportunity to treat you with a lawyer-client experience that will surprise you.
We are looking forward to meet you over a cup of the best coffee in town!
M.C. (Tiaan) van der Berg
Sonja du Toit
- MC QuickGuide
- 1. Introduction
- 2. M.C. van der Berg Incorporated.
- 3. The Start - Your offer to purchase
- 4. The role of the personnel at M.C. van der Berg Inc.
- 5. Transfer, bond registration and bond cancellation
- 6. Costs
- 7. “Fica”
- 8. Deposit
- 9. Bond application
- 10. Signature of the documents at our office
- 11. Cancellation of the current bond
- 12. Guarantees
- 13. The existing title deed
- 14. Receipt of costs
- 15. Transfer duty
- 16. Capital Gains Tax
- 17. Electrical Certificate
- 18. Clearance - City Council
- 19. Clearance - Homeowner’s Association (HOA)
- 20. Clearance - Sectional Titles
- 21. The Deeds Office
- 22. Finances - Payments
- 23. Commission
- 24. After registration
- 25. Your expectations - Our undertaking
- 26. What can you do to assist us?
- 27. Flow chart
- 28. Message from the Directors
- MC SellersGuide
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The role of the Transferring Attorney
- 3. Before you accept the offer to purchase!
- 4. Rules of the game – The Deed of Sale
- 5. Suspensive conditions
- 6. Your next property
- 7. Cancellation of your existing bond
- 8. FICA- Financial Intelligence Centres Act
- 9. Consumer Protection Act (CPA)
- 10. Tax aspects
- 11. Electrical Compliance Certificate
- 12. Gas certificate
- 13. Municipal accounts
- 14. Home Owners’ Association / Body Corporate
- 15. Occupation
- 16. Attachments
- 17. Insurance
- 18. Agents Commission – liability
- 19. Flow chart of the transfer process
- 20. Why M.C. van der Berg Incorporated? Your expectations – our undertaking
- 21. Message from the DirectorsLoading